After facing a difficult year and an uncertain future, there is a dire need for hope and encouragement in order to face the challenges before us. Of course, Christians have hope beyond this life; yet the more difficult our circumstances are, the easier it is to become distracted from this hope and discouraged by what is going on around us.
In this book, sister Luci Partain has produced a series of essays that will help us find the encouragement we need in order to face the trials before us. Despite what we might suffer in this life, there is hope if we will remain faithful to God and keep focused on the goal of heaven.
The book contains the following essays:
- Does Jesus Care?
- Be Still My Soul: Embracing God’s Provision in Our Trials
- Though He Slay Me
- Wait for the Lord!
- Jehovah God, Shine Forth!
- Lamentations: Grief, Comfort, and Hope
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness
- Soaring Like Eagles to the Heights of God
- Habakkuk: In God’s Providential Hands
- Praying At All Times
- Overcoming Evil with Good
- Overcoming Discouragement and Disappointment
- Called to Thankfulness
- Are You an Unhappy Child of God?
- Do Not Be Anxious About Anything
- But One Thing I Do! Pressing Onward
- Will Your Anchor Hold in the Storms of Life?
- It Is Well With My Soul
- Be Ye Steadfast and Immovable
- This World Is Not My Home
- The Bible Doctrine of Heaven
- There Is a Habitation
- Walking by Faith, Not by Sight
- God Amid the Storm
Additional Information (Print Version):
Type: Paperback, perfect bound
Page count: 448 pages
Dimensions: 6″ x 9″